St. Mary Swormville Annual Parish Picnic
2013 St Mary’s 164th Annual Parish Picnic
It’s a Summer Tradition! Join the family fun at the 164th annual St. Mary’s Summer Picnic on Sunday, July 21st. The event features world-famous chicken clam chowder, traditional games of skill and chance, all-day live entertainment stage, pony rides, children’s activities and BBQ chicken dinners served in the air-conditioned Parish Center.
New this year are award for St. Mary’s School Alumni and shorter walk route for the 5K Chowder Chase which begins at 11:15am. Pre-registered runners receive race packets, drink and chowder coupons. Register online at www.stmaryswormville.org/chowderchase. Online registration ends July 17th at midnight. Day of race registration is 9:00am – 10:30am in Parish Center. Race packets are guaranteed for pre-registered participants who register before July 15.
Boys of Summer perform from 4pm – 8pm. Enjoy meeting new and old friends at the beer garden. Visitors can also enjoy “Trinkets and Treasures” and take a chance at the sweepstakes drawing. Picnic hours are 11am – 8pm.
Get involved and have fun, click here for online volunteer form.
St Mary’s Church Picnic Schedule of Events
Friday, July 29, 2013
- Beer & Wine Social – 6 pm – 10 pm, featuring Off The Cuff
Saturday, July 20, 2013
- Outdoor Mass under the Chowder Tent – 6 pm
- Cutting of the Vegetables – immediately following Mass
Sunday, July 21, 2013 – PICNIC DAY !
- Picnic times – 11 am – 8 pm
- The “Chowder Chase” 5 K Fun Run/3KWalk – 11:15 am
- Walkers welcome!
- Pre-registration fee: $20
- Day of race fee: $25
- 12 noon – Master Chong Tae Kwon Do Exhibition
- 12:15 pm – Rochez Academy of Irish Dancers
- 1:30 pm – Buffalo Suzuki Strings
- 2:30 pm – “Holkas Polkas” Polka Band featuring musicians from St. Mary’s Band!
- 4:00 pm – Concert featuring The Boys of Summer band
- Our famous Chowder – eat under the tent or take home – until sold out
- Chicken Dinners – eat in our air-conditioned gym
- Beer Garden – opens at noon
- Trinkets and Treasures – hunt for that perfect gift or item for your home!
- “Extreme Air In-Line,” bounce house, velcro wall, dunk tank nine holes of putt-putt golf.
- Pony Rides (1 – 3 pm) Games of Skill /Games of Chance- win prizes!